11.16.2011

Skirt Full of Sparkle




 Sweater: H&M, Skirt: J. Crew, Tights: Hue, Boots: Dolce Vita, Bag: Aldo, Scarf: H&M, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: c/o Shlomit Ofir

Although it's been perfectly acceptable to sport sequins in daytime for quite some time now, this was my first time venturing out in daylight sporting a skirt full of sparkle. I was really feeling the contrast of the cozy knit, tough moto boots and this J. Crew sequin skirt! Throw in a dash of leopard print, and I felt perfectly cozy for errand running in the city.

69 comments:

  1. this is so so so cool! i love how you paired the sequins! and wouldn't this be fabulous for holiday parties too? :)
    marissa @ the boot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this look, my dear! The similar colour palette of all the elements really pulls it all together in spite of the differing materials and styles of each piece. You look perfectly chic and appropriate for an errand running day :)

    Hope you're having a great week Kate!
    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So obsessed with these boots. They have been on my wishlist for way too long, I think it's time to bring these babies home!
    I love the oversized sweater with the sequin skirt- You look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skirt! I was just looking at it (I have it) last night and was trying to figure other ways to wear it. Thanks for the fab outfit idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Everything about it is perfect! I still haven't been brave enough for sequins (at all) but I'm dying to do it XD
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cozy look with the edgy boots! Great outfit! ~ Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this...the leopard, all the brown & black mixing...looks great!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving all the sequins I've been seeing everywhere, but I think the skirts are my favorite. I love yours, and you styled it perfectly!

    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sequins and leopard are some of the finest things in life, and even more when worn together, love it!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mix of casual with the sweater + sparkle with the skirt, and the boots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look so much!! I love the sequin skirt, and I love that you went out in the daytime wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Urgh, I've been wanting a sparkly skirt for a while now! I saw that J.Crew one at the store, but the price was a little steep for me *sad face*. You mixed casual and elegant pieces very well, Kate! The biker boots add a really nice edgy touch to the look! :D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would live in this outfit! Love the hint of sequins for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I´m in love with your amazing look!

    zolicious

    http://zolicious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kate, this is such a beautiful mix of elements!! I absolutely love how you've styled up the sequin skirt into a more daytime look -SO chic & fab! Hope your week is lovely, girly! xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always have the most interesting backgrounds for your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've seen this sweater all over the place and am nearly convinced that I need one!

    Glad you ventured out in sequins in the daytime! This skirt looks great against your fall palette!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Kate, you look lovely! I swear, we are wardrobe twins. I have that same scarf AND sweater (in navy), a similar sequined skirt, I love black tights and Dolce Vita boots!! I love how you toughened this girl look up with those boots! fabulous! Happy Wednesday! xo www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love daytime sequins, thick knits and sequined skirts are such a balanced and amazing combination. LOVE this
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! I have the same H&M sweater in navy blue. I love how you paired it with the sparkle skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the casualness of this outfit and then the pop of glitter. Nicely done!

    http://houseofwren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love seeing how people dress down their sequins...now I just really need to get my hands on a sequined skirt. A few days ago one of my blog friends posted 10 ways to wear a sequined skirt (http://thecoastalchicster.blogspot.com/2011/11/one-piece-endless-possibilities-sequin.html) so many great ideas!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired
    Be Sure to Enter my Giveaway to win a Dinair Airbrush Make-Up Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the sequins peeking out of your cozy knit sweater! so pretty :)

    XO,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  24. really great outfit!! love love the skirt!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a cute look, Kate! I love your pretty booties :) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. great sequin skirt and cheetah print scarf!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think I need sequin sweat pants for running errands. This rainy weather today makes me want sweat pants only :p

    You look lovely Kate. Love the mix of textures and that you mixed comfy with sparkly. Perfection

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  28. Damn it, I was so on the fence about this sweater and ended up not going with it, seeing it on you now though I wish I got it. Love it with the sequins and leopard, so beautiful!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh goodness! I LOVE this look. Nothing better than the chic look of sequin mixed with a structured knit and boot. LOVE IT. I think that skirt is always a winnner. <3

    K xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. At first I thought you cut your hair short, when I saw this post in my reader! I love your sequined skirt. The whole outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. i am adoring this outfit so comply! i just feel that sparkles are fabulous this holiday season. want all of it! you are rockin' it girl! so make sure to wear sequins out in public more often!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely skirt!!
    Great look.
    www.fashionkats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. You look beautiful! GREAT skirt, and I love the way you layered it.

    xo.
    Molly@UrbanNester

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love daytime sequins! Zara has a very similar skirt to that one but it seemed like it would hurt to sit down in since there were also beads.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  35. what a cute combo! seriously one of my FAVE looks like right is sweaters & sequins combined in any way - I love how you styled this!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a cute outfit. The cutesy skirt with the moto boots works!

    Confessions of a Purse-a-holic

    ReplyDelete
  37. all of the contrasting textures and shades of gold and brown come together beautifully here. it is such a fun and cozy outfit and you look gorgeous <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. So cute!!! Love the proportions on this outfit.

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Kate, I am totally loving your sequin skirt! It's at the very top of my holiday wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I loooooove the sparkly skirt and the way you toned it down with these great warm pieces.

    http://shannonsometimes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love sequins for the daytime! I especially love all the textures in this outfit! Gorgeous :)


    xx
    thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your mix of sequins and knits! The perfect way to make that beautiful skirt more everyday friendly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. that sequin skirt is oh so beautiful! you look fab!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great look, from head-to-toe!

    I need a sequin skirt super bad! :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Loving sparkle for day and the way you paired the skirt with the comfy sweater and boots is perfect!
    Happy Weekend,
    xo Cara
    http://www.afashionloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Stunning outfit,I love sequins for day. And that sweater looks so cosy!

    Laura xo
    http://stylenotesbylaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am in love with this skirt, and I am now convinced that I need my own blingy, flapper-worthy skirt. This is pimp.


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  48. So adorable! Love the animal print and the sequin combo!

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. ncie outfit,
    http://mwanwan.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love love your outfit especially the scarf and skirt! Very pretty.Their is a giveaway on my blog I think you will really like, please pass by to enter!!

    -V

    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. you pull this off so well! - love the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Adorable skirt chickie! Looks fantastic paired with those boots and cozy sweater!

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  53. Loving cozy knits paired with sequins

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. oversized sweater and sequined skirt really look great together ! great outfit :D

    have a lovely weekend !
    The Endless Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love all the casual comfortable chic elements here and then BAM, the sequin mini...so unexpected! Love it.Hope you had a great weekend.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  56. AH, I love love love this sparkly yet cozy ensemble! Such a wonderful mix.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow, Kate! This is so gorgeous! Love it from head to toe and so jealous you have that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  58. omg i LOVE this combo. such a great way to remix that sweater! (which i also have and am now totally inspired!!)

    looking gorgeous as always!! xo

    danni

    ReplyDelete