1.08.2014

Winter Brights

Coat: J.Crew (now 40% off!), Scarf: Gap, Skirt: Smart Set, Boots: Michael Kors (similar), Bag: Rebecca Minkoff c/o Eluxe, Sunglasses: c/o Sunglass Warehouse

Yes, I do realize I'm wearing coats/hats/scarves in all of my last 3 posts, but you guys, it's just too cold. These photos were taken on a -23 degree day. I know it's going to be a long winter if I start complaining now, but Canadian winters & style blogging just do not go together. Sigh. Thankfully, I got this adorable new hot pink coat & cozy scarf for Christmas to help keep me warm! As a girl who sticks mostly to black in the cold months (and in the warm months, who am I kidding?) I am absolutely loving sporting these bright pieces! I think it does make me just a wee bit cheerier during these bleak winter months!

I hope 2014 is off to an awesome start for all of you so far! I'm still feeling excited & optimistic about the year ahead and am off to a good start with bringing my lunches every day so far, trying new classes at yoga and an eyebrow appointment this afternoon! ;) Ha! Annnnd, I'm switching up my hair next week which I am super excited and nervous for! Stay tuned!

19 comments:

  1. so amazing!! ; ]

    new post

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of the coat and the scarf together!
    xo Emma
    http://strollingthecityinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! The colors are so vibrant and pretty, and you look so cute! :-)

    Choo Choo
    http://choochooli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coat is beautiful, I love the color!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely coat, the color is just adorable! I don't mind seeing you in coats and scarves the next couple of months, cause you wear them so well and have a lovely selection!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an adorable coat, the color is so cute! I really don't mind seeing you in coats and scarves for a couple of months cause you have such an adorable selection in your closet!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the color of that coat and scarf kate! So cute together...you look adorable. I hope you're staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice combo between the colours! Lovely outfit!

    http://thesparklingarrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright pink coat! So adorable!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE seeing you in colour Kate! You look gorgeous in pink! I actually dread taking photos in the cold but it only lasts at maximum 10 minutes.. and sometimes I run into my car to warm up then do it all over again! The things we do as Canadian bloggers ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So correct, style bloggers and winter in Canada don't mix. Love this coat and scarf on you!

    www.glitterarygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn't agree more. It is so hard to look cute and display your outfit properly when the temp is below freezing! But you do it so well and I LOVE that coat. Can't wait to see your new 'do :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't even go outside to take pictures when it's that cold so koodos to you!! Love this bright winter jacket, and that scarf, such a great colour combination. Definitely helps combat the winter blues :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love this so much!! Sometimes the horrid cold winter days just need a pop of color!!

    http://little-things-inlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your coat!

    xo julesinflats

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are brave girl! But that is the reality round these parts haha. I remember standing in a field in Alberta last year in similar temperatures for a nice snowy effect...almost lost my fingers haha. I LOVE this color combo though; as we all get paler we should just dress in obscenely bright things!
    Steffi
    http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE you bright winter look! You are a brave soul to take these photos even with all the layers. This winter has been crazy! Can't wait to see your hair! I got mine done over the holidays but I'm starting to wish I went a little more drastic - change can be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loooooove that coat! Love those two colors together, very pretty!

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete