1.20.2014

Sombre

Dress: Zara, Boots: c/o Sole Society (now super on sale!), Bag: c/o Linea Pelle (similar), Necklace: c/o Obviously Chic, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelet: Stella & Dot, Sunglasses: c/o Sunglass Warehouse

I'm cringing a little bit even posting this because blogger has (once again) managed to completely ruin the quality of photos once they're uploaded. It had been happening a while ago and I finally figured out the trick to fixing it (going to settings under google+ and de-selecting the auto-enhance option) but now something else is happening that is making my photos super blurry and fuzzy. So, I apologize, my dear readers, but the show must go on! 

That all said - new hair! Sombre! The subtle form of ombre. I'm doing it mostly because my hair was breaking a lot from being so blond for so long, and I needed to give it a rest. So after much pinterest perusal and chatting with my stylist I decided to try a very subtle ombre to let more of my natural color grow in for a bit. I still feel a little weird not being mega blonde, and I'm not sure how long I'll keep this up (summer just screams for blonde, so we'll see!) but for now it feels nice & low maintenance.

Happy Monday! 

20 comments:

  1. Your hair looks lovely! Also love that fun sparkly necklace with that simple black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice style!! ;>>>

    xoxo

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the shape of this dress is lovely! simple and chic. anddd i think your hair looks great!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boots are just gorgeous Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the photos don't look blurry to me but a tip - upload them on flickr first then copy the image url and put them on blogger. they preserve some of the clarity!
    love those boots, btw
    Ladies in Navy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic boots!
    xo Emma
    http://strollingthecityinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hair Kate! I too have been going the ombre route. I plan on going a tad lighter on my ends when I visit the salon next. Also, your pics look great....they don't look blurry or grainy at all! I hope you had a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sombre hair, looks really chic! Oh and that necklace is such a fab statement. Ugh, I know pics are a bit blurry on my blog too, although I think yours look really nice!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looked back on my blog to see if it was doing it to me too and I think it is! Sucks so much! Honestly though, if you hadn't pointed it out, I don't think I would have noticed, so it can't be that bad! :)

    Bold Subtlety

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty lbd and love your gorgeous necklace.
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Love the necklace and pop of color in the purse. Great outfit.

    xo Denise
    lovelybohemian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adore the dress and necklace - so beautiful! And the hair looks fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dress looks so beautiful with the necklace! I really like the combo between them and the shoes, so nice and pretty!

    http://thesparklingarrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You hair looks fab girl! Welcome to the slighty darker side! I think I`m going back to my dark side soon! Also your photos look good to me! I also have trouble with my photos sometimes but it`s probably because I haven`t really figured out all the settings of my camera..opps haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, your hair looks awesome! I love the added dimension the sombre adds!

    Second - I am having the same issue with blogger! it's awful! I could not figure out what was up but it's been happening for the last couple months. Some images manage to escape it while other don't! If I figure out how to fix it, I'll you know. If you figure it out please let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those boots! and the necklace is awesome xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look wonderful! Gorgeous necklace and perfect little black dress!

    https://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love this dress and necklace!!

    ReplyDelete