2.21.2012

The Awkward Fox





Vest: c/o BB Dakota, Blouse: c/o Modest Mob, Denim: !iT jeans, Booties: Dolce Vita, Bag: Aldo, Sunglasses: Joe Fresh, Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets: c/o Lauren Elan and c/o Shlomit Ofir

This is maybe the most hilarious and awkward photoshoot I've ever done. "What about over there by the fox?" says my boyfriend, and I mostly just stood there laughing like crazy as I posed by Mr. Fox.

I had been telling myself to wear this vest with something other than an all-black outfit, so this was my first attempt at branching out - still staying monochromatic but mixing it up with polka dots! This vest was the perfect layer of warmth over the sheer blouse, and a nice switch up from the oh, 3 sweaters I seem to rotate through these days to keep me warm. Have I mentioned how done I am with winter? SO DONE! 

42 comments:

  1. i love how you mixed polka dots and that darling fur vest.

    xo kaitlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blouse and vest!

    http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate!! How freakin' rad is that fox mural. I love it. I also love your fur vest. I like the pairing with polka dots. :)

    Wishing you a wonderful week!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, my boyfriend always makes me laugh during shoots as well :) 99% of the photos come out with my laughing, haha ^^ I love how you wear the fur vest in a different way here. So fun! xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL so funny. I love how you are pointing out at the fox, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vest is darling, girl! And the cute background is perfect. x

    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great Kate! Kudos to you for braving the cold- I AM going to take outfit photos this week/weekend! I love that vest (I own it too)- people always ask me what it's made of and I wonder, what animal do you think it's trying to be? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, 3rd photo is pure awesomeness!;) Love the sheer polkadots + fluffy fur mix :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. your vest looks so warm! Love it mixed with the printed shirt, what a lovely location!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! You were a great sport and interacted with the fox! Love that you mixed the fur with the polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, the fox in the background is too funny. I would have been cracking up too. Very cute outfit, Kate!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so pretty. Love the polka dots and fur. And that fox is pretty cute, as well.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha...you are too cute! I love these pictures, and the outfit is fantastic with the subtle print mixing.

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute! Love the polka dots and that vest! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love that little fox! And lovvvvve that vest...looks fab with the polka dot blouse! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the same booties as you! Don't you just love them? Another fab outfit Kate : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful blouse & vest! I'm hoping I can find a faux fur vest for reasonably cheap now that spring is coming.

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. In love with this blog.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, love the fox, polka dots, and vest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These photos are great! lol. Loving the fox. Also love the polka dots with the fur vest.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha! The fox is nearly as cute as you... But not quite;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Girl it's ending I tell you! I saw some shoots coming out of the ground yesterday and buds on the tree. It made me oh so happy. So just hold on it's almost done! Haha I'm not a winter person at all either...we're really in the wrong country huh?

    I looove the look of the vest with the blouse, the texture and pattern look amazing next to one another. And you just look adorable, no trace of awkwardness! Mr. Fox is a great model as well.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these photos, you look so pretty in all of them & you have such a great smile!! Also that vest is amazing, love that you paired it with polka dots - this is a beautiful look. And I'm getting really excited to see what jewelry you're going to be making. Hope that package gets to you soon. Smooches! V

    ReplyDelete
  24. I thought I commented on this already, but doesn't look like I did? Was that on Instagram? Man, sometimes I feel like I spread myself out too thin on these social media mediums lol. ANYWAY, point being that I love this post and I want you to know that! The outfit, the photos, and the backdrop are all perfection! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just came across your blog you have a really cool style & I love how you paired the top & blazer you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely look! Great blog! :)

    xo
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. fur and polkadots are my new favorite!

    http://www.designers-artists.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous look! I love everything about this - the vest, the boots, the blouse... you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think the fox is darling - what a cute backdrop!
    and i love your vest, such a great pattern!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super hot look!!

    sextoninthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely vest! I love the location for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the mix of patterns and textures in this look - very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mr. Fox is awesome and definitely makes for some entertaining photos! Love the way you layered the vest over that pretty blouse - so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  34. i think you did a fabulous job styling the vest! i love the sheer and romantic top underneath it! and mr. fox is pretty cute...sometimes you have to be a little awkward and funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOVE the fur vest with the polka dots underneath.
    Xo,
    Sara Campbell
    ^Follow the link to our blog for all things chic, fabulous, fun, and Sara Campbell!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this combo- you look adorable! I'm trying to figure out something to pair with my polka dot top- the vest was a great idea!

    Love the fox, what a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  37. love you blog!! so cute!!!!
    xox Meagan
    caseofcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Totally in love with that blouse! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Cute pics. I love the mix of fur and spots. I love your blog. Following! I invite you to visit me:)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the combo of the blouse and the vest! So pretty!

    xox Nissy
    nissybunique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete