12.28.2011

Decor Dreams


As most of you know, I'll be kicking off 2012 by moving back to the city I call home!(For those of you who don't, the quickest synopsis ever: moved to SJ in February because the fella got a new job. Never took to new city, with the exception of a few great girls and a cute farmer's market. Missed home terribly. Fast forward 10 months and Shawn got laid off. A semi-bummer, but blessing in disguise, as this means we can move back to the city we love. Icing on the cake? He just scored an amazing new job! Things are falling into place!) 

Sure, moving on New Years Day is less than ideal, but I'm hoping to somehow still manage to pack a truck on NYE day, drive to Fredericton, throw on a party dress and toast to the new year with my favorite girlies, and wake up the next morning ready to move into our new place! There's something about moving that instantly puts you in redecorating mode, and I can't help but dream about decorating our new home! 

I am envisioning something warm & feminine - black & white graphic prints, cozy faux fur throws, metallics, mirrors, candles & girlie accents. My mom (a seamstress, by trade) is making us vertically striped black & white curtains as our Christmas gift which I am SO excited about! I have dreamed of them for months! What are you loving in the home decor world?

(Sources: Adore Magazine, Made by Girl, Pier 1, Willa Skye Home, Bath & Body Works, Dragon88) 

16 comments:

  1. It sucks that you have to move yet again, but that's awesome that you're going home!! So exciting! And decorating a new place will be oh so fun :)
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great taste. I love all of your ideas.

    xoxo
    www.lovelyxobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your new decorating adventures.. That's the best part of a new home!

    I adore that 'Love' photo and everything surrounding it! You have great taste

    www.livinggoldie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats, lady! so exciting everything is working out for you ;) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have fabulous taste! Good luck with your move!

    ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the move! That's so exciting!

    xo.
    http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so good babe!!
    so cool!
    have some fun!

    New outfit post - Back in the old
    www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the move lady! Sounds like 2012 is already off to a great start for you! x www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have beautiful taste! best of luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the move. I am glad that things worked out at the end and now you can loom forward to a fabulous new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that LOVE print! Hee hee. Hope your move goes great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to live in this home too! I can't wait to keep following you in 2012!! Happy New Yeat Kate!

    xx

    e.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a mirror night stand, it is beautiful and goes with everything

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, I love that pillow! I'm all about revamping my house right now - thanks for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT PICKS!

    Lexy
    FashionNative.com

    ReplyDelete