As some of you know, I went as a lumberjack for Halloween this year - but no, this is not my costume! But it was inspired by it - I was trying on this big old shirt of the fella's for my costume, and I put my hands on my hips and realized "hmm, this might look cute belted" - and it went from there! Not to mention warm, cozy oversized anything that you can make look cute is good in my books! So while the costume brought about wool socks and a plastic axe, I think the shirt itself is multi-functional!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend!
Shirt: Borrowed from the fella, Skirt: Lush, Tights: H&M, Bangles: Aldo, Belt: Joe Fresh, Shoes: Sam Edelman





So cute! I love that you borrowed the top from your boyfriend .
ReplyDeletexx anna jane
I looove buffalo plaid and raiding my boyfriend's closet. This outfit is so cute and cozy!
ReplyDeleteI love how you look a long shirt and put it over the skirt to make it look like a dress. Novel idea! I would've never thought of that. And it's tres chic with those shoes:)
ReplyDeleteso cute, it looks like a little dress!
ReplyDeletei love this woodsy look!
ReplyDeleteCute! Those tights look warm.
ReplyDeleteI love this look, Kate! The red plaid contrasts so nicely against your blonde hair, it's a really great color on you.
ReplyDeleteLOVE this outfit!! It's so fun seeing you in the same wedges as me and this has inspired me to wear them in a similar outfit... might have to ransack the boyfriend's wardrobe for plaid now!
ReplyDeleteX
This is such a great look Kate! I love the red plaid top - gotta love the bf's!! And your shoes are so good it hurts. I've been looking for a pair that come maybe mid knee or up to the knee, but not over - basically exactly what you've got only higher. Any thoughts?
ReplyDeleteYou carry this look off perfectly and the background setting is the great.
xoxo,
Carrie
Aww I love this - and definitely the perfect backdrop for these photos. I'm going to visit my fiance next week - I should raid his closet. I've stolen multiple sweatshirts, but not too many "cute, wearable" items...
ReplyDeletelovely shirt! i love the red plaid pattern and you added a feminine touch by adding a belt and pairing it with a skirt. lovely!
ReplyDeletecuteandlittle.com
I like it! I had the same idea the other day, but I've yet to find the perfect red and black plaid shirt.
ReplyDeleteALL about buffalo plaid & suede booties for fall. now i just need the stylish boyfriend to borrow from :)
ReplyDeleteYou are the most stylish lumberjack ever, then! ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd what a cute little lumberjack you are! I've been draw moreso lately to men's flannels than I have been to women's for some reason...
ReplyDelete