12.06.2012

Bring it Downtown & The Story of the Chop!

A few weeks ago, I was invited to be part of a local initiative called Bring it Downtown! Downtown Fredericton invited 20 local people active on social media to be part of this super fun campaign, where they gave us $100 "downtown dollars" to spend within the downtown core of our city! The theme was to try something new, and after much internal debate, I figured out what my 'something new' should be...

THE CHOP.


I have been debating doing something different with my hair for quite sometime, and went back & forth between changing color and/or length. After seeing how layered and long (and ratty) my hair was getting in this blog post (incidentally, the same post that shows what I wore to the Bring it Downtown launch!) I decided to finally go for the cut. So, using a portion of my downtown dollars, I headed to Blonde Inc, my favorite salon, and went to my favorite girl, Shauna, and chopped 6 inches off my locks.

I did a lot of other downtown browsing, checking out local beauty boutique, Made You Blush, and home decor stores Urban Almanac and Room 2 Remember, but ended up using the remainder of my downtown dollars to go on a wine date with the fella at Corked, a wine bar that we've been meaning to have a date night at for quite some time!

Overall it was a great little downtown experience, and a great reminder to bring it downtown this holiday season!

13 comments:

  1. You have some serious guts, somethign I don't have right now. I love the new cut! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the shorter length on you - I think it really highlights your facial features better and brings out your cheekbones...good decision!! :)

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've already said this, but that haircut is seriously awesome on you! It's so chic and sophisticated. Bring It Downtown seems like such a great initiative...so fun that you got to participate!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the hair! Changing it up is always refreshing! Sounds like you had an awesome experience all together!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I think you made a great choice with how to 'bring it downtown'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like if it were me, I'd be tempted to buy some clothes or something generic... what a great idea to use your downtown dollars for a haircut, Kate!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the fresh cut! It looks so clean! I like it! What a great event! I love trying new things around town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new haircut gives your outfits a whole other element of chic. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a huge fan of your new hair cut .... I think it looks really really great on you!!
    Jess
    JESS CAUSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new haircut! I want to do the same thing, but am way too nervous!
    xoxo,
    Julie
    www.julersrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new haircut - so chic and fresh!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the new haircut! It looks so chic, fresh, and modern on you!! Love it!

    http://thethreadaffect.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haircut - it really suits you!! Also I love the leather detailing on the blazer, what a versatile piece!

    xo Lauren

    ReplyDelete