10.14.2010

Cropped Meets Full

Lately I've found myself very drawn to the combination of full skirts & cropped tops - sweaters, specifically. I love the contrast of fabrics (airy chiffons & tulle mixed with heavier knits) and the mix of proportions (the full skirts mixed with the cropped top) - I think it's the mixing of sizes & shapes & fabrics that makes this work so well. I think I'm going to have to try to attempt this in the near future. There's something so fabulously girlie yet still warm and cozy about these looks that I absolutely love.




16 comments:

  1. love this combo too! Number 3 is my favorite! Now if only i had $1000 to spend on a sweater!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the third outfit! Of course, gray and black..!
    D,etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute combos! i personally don't think i could pull it off since i have such a short torso, but i'm sure it would look lovely on you! i see you included the bb dakota skirt you tried on at JSP- still thinking about it eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seriously loving the same trend!! Thanks for sharing, great picks!! :) especially loving the modcloth skirt and last wool sweater!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must find an affordable, comfortable, soft cable knit sweater asap. I would live in it. The one you found looks pretty ideal.

    www.morganandlua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mixing proportions is a definite do! LOVE that first skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this combo! The proportions are perfect and so sweet. Very Louis Vuitton chic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this combo!! Definitely a perfect way to sport a cropped top without baring your tummy. :)

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would wear any of these, but especially love that first combo! Great picks here Kate!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these!! Such great choices.
    LOve your blog, following you now!
    have a great weekend!

    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've realized that I need more cropped sweaters in my life. Even though I'm short waisted they seem to work...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, Number 3 win.. the top has a cool cut

    P.S. you should enter my international giveaway. Win a 4GB Mimobot USB! They're adorable http://tinyurl.com/2vyxcp2

    ReplyDelete